After anodize on the aluminum then have the following characteristic:
- have corrosion resistance
- have durability/wear resistance
- able to be colored through dying
- electric insulation
- have excellent base or primer for secondary coating
On the process of aluminum anodizing need several process should be applied in order have perfect result, these are the order of anodizing process:
- Pretreatment or cleaning using detergent
- Rinsing using clean water or demin water
- Etching or chemical milling
- Desmutting or rinsing in acidic solution to remove unwanted surface alloy particles
- Coloring, anodized aluminum can be colored through chemical reaction process coloring or using dying agent.
- Sealing, this process is to close the pores of aluminum surface by dipping in hot water.